How LDA Can Help You
Help your child succeed in school this year
LDA offers tutoring that is tailored to fit each student's academic needs. Tutoring is provided by highly qualified, certified and experienced teachers.
- Student to Tutor ratio is 1:1
- Each session is 60 minutes
- LDA uses Orton-Gillingham based methods and a multi-sensory approach to learning.
No Child Left Behind TutoringParents of children attending Rochester City Schools
Did you know your child may be eligible for free tutoring? If your child attends one of the schools listed as "in need of improvement" and currently is enrolled in the free lunch program, he/she is eligible to receive free tutoring from an approved Supplemental Educational Services (SES) provider. LDA is a New York State approved provider of Supplemental Educational Services.
- Two 60 minute sessions per week.
- Tutoring may occur at LDA's Nicholas C. Shakeshaft Learning Center (339 East Avenue) or at the student's school.
- Saturday tutoring available at the Nicholas C. Shakeshaft Learning Center.